Slider

The EASIEST Turmeric Latte EVER!

Saturday, February 8, 2020


**This post is not sponsored **


Have you ever heard of a "Golden Milk Latte"?

If you answered yes, you're probably seeing recipes for them all over Pinterest. If you answered no, then let me introduce you.

Essentially a "Golden Milk Latte" is just a warm turmeric tea that's been touted as an amazing, relaxing anti-inflammatory drink thats ideally enjoyed before bed. 

I got into the habit of drinking these a while back, but didn't keep it up when my life got busy. However,  I do still drink a cup of tea every night before bed. But, with all of the steps in my usual golden milk latte, it wasn't as easy as turning on my electric kettle and steeping a tea bag for a few minutes. 

You see, first I had to heat up my unsweetened almond milk in a small saucepan. Then, I would add my turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon and honey to a mug. Once my almond milk was heated, but not bubbling, I would pour it over my spices and honey. Stir and enjoy. Not super labor intensive,  but still a little more inconvenient. 

The other downside of this type of preperation was that the drink would usually taste "gritty" and a lot of turmeric would sink to the bottom of the cup. So I wasn't really sure if I was getting all of it's amazing benefits. 

If those few steps and gritty taste don't bother you, then by all means, keep enjoying your latte the way you have been. No need to read any further.

But, if this drink sounds like something you'd like to try, then please stick around. 


My dad knows how much of a tea lover I am, and he was so sweet to pick up some of my favorite brand of tea at our local store for me.

He bought a few different kinds and one of then was this Yogi Turmeric Honey Chai tea.

I couldn't wait to try it so I turned on my kettle and brewed myself a cup. The taste was so familiar and delicious. I knew I had stumbled upon something good!



I decided to add a little almond milk and BAM I had almost completely replicated the taste of the Golden Milk Latte I used to enjoy so often! The recipe and prep is so easy that anyone would enjoy a cup!

Here's how easy it is:

1 Yogi Honey Chai Turmeric tea bag
Hot Water
Almond milk to taste (Just a splash or two is perfect)
Honey or Stevia to taste

Place your tea bag in your favorite mug. Pour hot water over tea, leaving a little room on your mug for your almond milk. Steep your tea 2 minutes. Add almond milk and sweetener of choice. Enjoy!



And there you have it. A delicious,  Golden Milk Latte that has no grit and is easily prepped. You can enjoy this any time of day, but right before bed is my favorite. 

If you like my adorable mug that my kid's designed for me, you can purchase your own here.

I hope you enjoy this simple recipe as much as I have!

XO
D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Ever as the Moon, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Danielle Dee and Ever as the Moon with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All of the views and opinions expressed here are solely the views of the author.