Slider

Hyped Up Beauty Products...Purchase or Pass? Part 2!

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Well, here we are again, friends!

This time, we are taking a closer look at cleansing balms.

I first heard about a cleansing balm about a year ago from a friend. It peaked my interest because I had only ever used foaming or soapy cleaners. But this particular cleanser was supposed to remove all of my makeup, all while cleansing my face. What?!

It sort of sounded too good to be true. I mean, I've always had to use an eye makeup remover or makeup remover wipe to get all of my mascara and eyeliner off.

My friend gave it rave reviews, though, so I wanted to try it. The problem was this particular balm was going to cost me all of $72 to purchase! 😳

I was a little taken back that a CLEANSER would cost me so much! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think that some skincare products are worth that amount, but a cleanser? This is the one product that stays on your skin for the shortest amount of time, no way am I spending that much.

I figured there had to be one out there for a more affordable price. I found this one at Ulta and decided to give it a try.

The one I purchased was the travel size for just $8! I wasn't ready to commit to a full size product yet, because what if I hated it?



Right away I noticed that this balm didn't really have a scent, which was ok with me. I despise anything that has a bad smell or an overpowering scent. The texture felt similarly to coconut oil, which didn't surprise me. I slathered some on my face and began rubbing. Immediately I started to see my makeup melt away!

Yes, a product that really delivered AND at a price I could afford!



It removed all of my makeup,  even that stubborn mascara. All I did was use a warm, wet washcloth and wipe the balm away. Also, I never noticed any blemishes or breakouts arising from using this product.


Although I don't use this daily anymore, I'm happy to report that it's a great product. If you're looking for an inexpensive balm that removes makeup easily, this is a good one.

Honestly,  I prefer a different product for my daily use now, but I'll get into that specific product at a later time.

Hope this was helpful to you!

Do you use a cleansing balm? If so, what's your favorite brand?
Let me know in the comments below!

XO
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Ever as the Moon, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Danielle Dee and Ever as the Moon with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All of the views and opinions expressed here are solely the views of the author.