Slider

The ONE Product that Saved & Regrew my hair!

Friday, February 14, 2020

I know that was a super dramatic title to this blog post, but FOR REAL....I think we can all agree that sudden changes in our hair can be alarming. It feels like my hair is one of those things that makes me....ME!

And the change that I had was dramatic. One day when I looked into the mirror, I noticed a random BALD SPOT right up front on one side! It shocked me because I have never lost any substantial amount of hair before- not even post partum!  This just so happened to be a few months after my baby turned a year old, so I knew it couldn't be that, either.

I did my best to cover up the spot and thankfully, it wasn't really that noticeable. Even though this sudden change was undesireable, to say the least, I mostly just wanted to get down to the bottom of WHY my hair was falling out. I mean, what if it KEPT falling out?!  My hair-dresser friend even took a look at it for me and she couldn't really come up with a "why". When I really stopped to think about it, I came to two possible conclusions: My thyroid & My hormones.

Coincidentally, I had just gone through a period where I was very depressed for about 3 weeks. I mean really depressed. Without going into much detail, it was one of the lowest times for me, personally, and my emotions pretty much went through the ringer. My anxiety was up, I was having weird, emotional outbursts and I knew something was wrong. When I really started to realize that I was very depressed, I reached out for help, I prayed and I honestly just decided that I was going to get my act together and not let these circumstances get me down.

It was a few weeks after this depressed time that I noticed the bald spot. I really think that being so emtoionally drained made my hormones take a dive, which may have affected my thyroid, but most definitely affected my hair loss. I think whatever hair wasn't healthy and barely hanging on from the post partum hormones just said, "See ya!" when the depression took over.

Now, I have to tell you that I was so embarrassed about this, I really didn't take any "before" pictures. So you may not see the full effect, but I do have pictures of the hair growing back.

So, that's the backstory of WHY I needed this product.

When I felt that the naked patch of hair on my head had taken up residence long enough, I began researching shampoos for hair regrowth. I looked at a TON. And let me tell you, there are a lot that make that claim. Their prices range anywhere from $10-$40. Being the frugal girl that I try to be (my husband may disagree with you), I wanted to go with one that wasn't expensive.

I came across this shampoo on the Target website and started reading about it. It didn't actually mention hair-regrowth, but after doing the research that I did, I knew the ingredients listed sounded very promising. This particular shampoo is meant to heal severely damaged hair. Never thinking my hair was severely damaged before, I always steered clear of these types of shampoos, thinking they would weigh down my hair. But I knew with my current issue, I had to do something drastic. Oh well, if it weighed my hair down. I wanted and needed to build my hair back up with good ingredients. This shampoo has ingredients like collagen, elastin, amino acids, and rice protein,  which when I did my research,  seemed to be key in growing hair.



So, here it is. I opted for this SUPER affordable Nexxus Keraphix shampoo. And it cost my a whopping $13.

I've used other Nexxus Shampoos before and I liked how light they felt and the way they smelled. This one has a very pleasant scent, as well. AND if you're like me and you're concerned about ingredients, this shampoo ranks a 5 on the EWG site. Meaning, that although it's not the most natural product, it's also not super laden with toxins, so I can feel ok about using it.

Well, let me tell you about how I use it. This shampoo, for whatever reason, doesn't lather super well. I would use one pump (I love having the pump, btw) and wash my hair. Then, I use a second pump and my hair would lather up SO nicely with that second wash! So, yes, I wash my hair twice with this shampoo. I've heard of doing this before, but never tried it before this shampoo. The first wash really gets rid of any buildup from my styling products I use like dry shampoo, heat shield, and hairspray. The second wash is what really cleanses the hair. This method of washing twice has worked very well for me. Sometimes, I won't wash twice, if I stayed home and didn't style my hair that day.

I have been using this shampoo for 5 months now and I am SO happy to tell you that I have a small patch of hair regrowing so beautifully where the bald spot once was! AND the absolute best part for me is that I am using the SAME bottle! That's right, I haven't even had to repurchase this shampoo yet because it's lasting me so long!
And I know you heard me say that I've been washing my hair TWICE, right?!



My hair just feels so long and strong now that I would absolutely recommend this product to others. I know that it's the reason my hair has grown back and keeps growing long. Now, I didn't purchase the condtioner because my hair doesn't tolerate any conditoner (too greasy). But, if you have thicker, more coarse hair, give the conditoner a try, too!

I'm not sure if every drugstore or big box store carries this particular shampoo, but I do know that Target has it.  I wish I could explain all of the science to you about why this shampoo has worked so well for me, but I can't. All I can do is say that it WORKED and I'm praising Jesus!

Hope this post was helpful to you in some way! And stop by once a week to catch up on any other Beauty posts that you may find helpful!

XO
D


Linked with Inspire Me Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Ever as the Moon, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Danielle Dee and Ever as the Moon with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All of the views and opinions expressed here are solely the views of the author.